Monday, April 16, 2012

A Poet's Notebook: Winter Solstice


Winter Solstice


Cold nights never seem to end
They don't die.
They don't leave.
They shall linger.



Cold winds seep through my skin
As Darkness fills all parts of the room
'Til it no longer finds space
and takes refuge in my heart.



The absence of light
Is the absence of hope.
The absence of hope
Shall numb my senses.



I shall not see.
I shall not feel.
I shall not taste nor smell.
And I shall not hear.



'Til someday, somewhere
I shall experience death in silence.
It shall be a fine evening to you.
Not to me.
No, not for me.


AUTHOR'S NOTE: I wrote this last May 29, 2007 at 8:05 PM. That's what it said in my Multiply blog. This poem was written at the height of my hopeless battle with unrequited love. It won me a poetry slam contest, though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...